Farlow and Hardy stand shoulder to shoulder in the world of fishing tackle manufactures, both are renowned for excellent quality, and they are both highly collectable. Charles Farlow started his game fishing tackle business in 1840. He traded under the name C. Farlow at 221, The Strand, London. In 1852 the local authority changed the address to 191, The Strand. In around 1885 he started to trade under the business name C. Farlow & Co. and operated with that name until it became a limited company in 1894. Upon his death in 1895 two sons Charles Paas and John Ambrose took over and became joint governing directors.