Leather Cigar Case With Silver Fittings.
Crocodile leather cigar case with silver mount. The mount is hallmarked, London 1910 with the silver smith mark 'R.M', possibly Robert Marshall from Holborn, Central London. The leather with gilt stamp 'Drew & Co, 156 Leadenhall St. E.C'. The crock leather still with slight green tinge and mounted with silver monogram initials 'A.M'.
Will take maximum cigar diameter of 1.3 cm.
John Drew founded the company in 1844: Samuel Summers Drew and Ernest Drew were his sons. The early company name was 'J Drew and Sons'. Drew & Sons was based at Piccadilly Circus from 1887 until 1914 when they moved to premises in Regent Street. They also had premises at Leadenhall Street in London from 1888-1914 and also at Kings Road in Brighton from 1894. Drew & Sons were high end suppliers of 'gentleman's requisites' such as shaving sets, picnic sets, cigar cases, hip flasks, luggage and pen sets. The firm became Ltd. in 1928 and was in business until the mid 1930's.