Presentation Shield Trophy, Walker and Hall.
A large free-standing, oak Athletics Shield Trophy with Sheffield plate decoration. The "Senior Championship Shield" was presented by Kilgrimol School, St. Annes-on-the-Sea and was manufactured by the well known silversmith, Walker and Hall of Sheffield. The main plaque engraved with the schools name and depicts three hurdlers, two runners and a high jumper. There are 12 winners plaques, 7 are used, dating from 1908 - 1914. The back of the trophy with the manufacturer's details on a plaque with their logo 'W&H' into a pennant.
Walker and Hall (1845-1963) were manufacturers of gold and sterling silver goods, stainless steel, Britannia metal, cutlery and electro-plate. They were established in Sheffield in 1845 by George Walker. Between 1848 and 1853 the company was known as Walker, Coulson & Hall until they became simply Walker & Hall in 1853. In 1920 they became a limited company. They had premises at Howard Street, Sheffield and showrooms throughout the country. In 1963 they joined with Mappin & Webb and Elkington & Co to form British Silverware Limited.
Manfred Schotten Antiques
109 High Street, Burford, Oxfordshire. OX18 4RG, United Kingdom.
Tel: 01993 822 302