Thornhill & Co.
The firm was founded by a Joseph Gibbs in 1734 and were originally cutlers and by around 1800 were known as Morley & Thornhill. By 1820s they had changed to John James Thornhill & Co and had become cutlers to the Queen by the late 1830s. In the 50s there was another change and Walter Thornhill was running the firm and from 1870s was known as Walter Thornhill & Co. In the mid 1890s they became a limited company and were listed as cutlers gold and silversmiths jewellers and manufacturers and dealers in dressing cases travelling bags etc.. The company ended in 1905 but trading continued under the name W Thornhill & Co until 1912. The company traded from New Bond Street London and High Street Kensington London.